My feet are mad at me. I walked to work...stood on them for 5 hours at work and then walked home. I also worked out, but they shouldn't really be too upset about that. It's 1.57 miles to work. I felt good after walking to work. I didn't feel bad after walking home until I sat down for a bit. I couldn't hardly stand back up. I took a little sleep (that's what Asher called it) and took some Tylenol, so I feel a little better, but my feet are still mad at me.
I walked to work so that Nelson would have the car if he needed it. Annie had made plans to go visit friends on the other side of the state. She did that before her car was smashed and totaled. Since her friends had made special plans and arrangements for her, I let her go ahead and take my car.
We drove to Akron to look at a car. It was nothing like it appeared in the ad--very disappointing. We have encouraged her to be patient, but she's really missing having a car.
We didn't close on the house yesterday. The appraisal finally came through and no it's in the hands of the underwriters. We discussed scheduling with the realtor and she was going to schedule the closing after 4pm so Nelson wouldn't have to take off work. No problem. That is until Friday when they announced that next week the guys will be working 4 10hour days and if he wants to take off early he will have to use a half day of vacation and earn an attendance point. Hardly seems fair, but there's no recourse. We can't even tell them when he'll need to take off.
I spent a couple hours with a friend gathering information. I'm going to write an article on her business. It's a pretty exciting thing for me. I also spent a couple hours going through the Writer's Market, pulling out magazines to contact. It may all lead to rejection , but I gotta get started.
Penelope and Asher are outside playing in the rain. Ah the joy and exuberance of children.
Nothing is wasted. My life is often messy: sometimes because of choices I've made and sometimes becuase life is just messy at times. No matter how the mess comes, one thing remains true: out of the mess comes my message.
Saturday, May 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Twitter Updates
About Me
- daisymarie
- I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!
1 comment:
I can sure relate to that feeling after doing all the walking when you're not used to it. Ouch.
We're down to one car, too, right now, and it does take some creative management.
Post a Comment