I sit down to write and nothing comes. Life is pretty routine and boring. I work, as much as I can. I pick up hours whenever possible. When I'm not working I'm watching Asher.
Last Monday I mowed our yard(s). It took me 90min and I was moving. When I got done my heel hurt so badly I could barely walk. I broke down and made a doctor's apt. Tuesday I was having bad pain in my left ovary so I started taking some Advil. The ovary pain hung on, but my heel felt better. It felt so good by Thursday (the day of the apt) I was ready to cancel--except Nelson was insistant that I go. (How come he can "take care" of me, but it doesn't work in reverse...but I digress.) Anyway, the doctor prescribed Naproxin 500mg 3x a day (with food) and an x-ray. If it wasn't better by my already scheduled apt on 9/17 she'd refer me to a podiatrist.
Friday a friend I connected with over on Facebook called and asked about my heel pain and said she had gone through a similar thing. Her podiatrist gave her exercises to do. One of them worked wonders for her. He told her to write the alphabet with her toes. I've been doing it. The pain isn't gone, but it has practically disappeared!
Ann continues to go through a REALLY rough time. She hasn't been able to secure housing so she's still living with friends. Penelope started kindergarten and seems to be doing well with that. Asher starts pre-school next week. Where does the time go?
I've been reading a lot lately. Monday I worked the evening shift at Curves so I cozied up and read most of the morning. I really have been enjoying it. And go figure! I'm actually reading novels. Lately, I've been plowing through everything the library has by Linda Hall. And with that I think I'll mosey over to the guest room where I can open a window and keep an ear on Asher outside playing. I am REALLY enjoying this cooler weather! TTFN
Nothing is wasted. My life is often messy: sometimes because of choices I've made and sometimes becuase life is just messy at times. No matter how the mess comes, one thing remains true: out of the mess comes my message.
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Twitter Updates
About Me
- daisymarie
- I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!
No comments:
Post a Comment