Had a blast in AZ with my mom.
We played 141 games of Scrabble. She won "all the marbles" 71 to 70. We also played 3 games one afternoon with my aunt. I won two of those while Mom took the third.
Mom rented me a bike. It was so amazing. I rode about 9 miles a day. I loved it. My heel barely hurt the whole time I was there. I may not be able to walk for exercise anymore but me and my bike are going to become best friends again.
I also worked out with my Easy-Shaper almost everyday and went to the pool a couple times.
We ate out a few times and visited Tubac and a couple of our favorite shops in Green Valley. But mostly we sat across from one another playing Scrabble and laughing. Part of me wishes I was still there.
While I was gone Nelson was quite busy here with wonderful surprises for me: he painted the house (power washed, scraped, and painted the entire outside); put new lights in the kitchen; put up solar lights along the front walk; put new security lights on the garage; put a new ceiling fan/light in the living room and put the living room fixture in the guest bedroom; fixed the cold water to the washer; replaced the faucet set in the main bathroom sink and tried to replace the shower set; and replaced the sliding door track on my bedroom closet. He was a busy and amazing man...and no, I don't rent him out.
This morning there was a glitch with our internet service so I scrubbed out the refrigerator and got started cleaning the bathrooms. Nelson left me two notes of other things to do: call the vet for the cat; get more flea bombs; and call the home warrenty for the bathroom sink. Better get on it.
Nothing is wasted. My life is often messy: sometimes because of choices I've made and sometimes becuase life is just messy at times. No matter how the mess comes, one thing remains true: out of the mess comes my message.
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Twitter Updates
About Me
- daisymarie
- I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!
1 comment:
aren't you a brave soul to visit your mom in the heat! but i know how you love those scrabble games with her ... :o)
and how sweet of your hubby to get the house spruced up before you came home!!!! cool!!!
Post a Comment