Wednesday, September 1, 2010

One Sweet Blessing

What a quiet day we had yesterday. Miss Jewel slept until 10:30, quite late for her. I fixed her a very light breakfast, just a slice of toast and some melon, so that we could still have lunch around noon. That was as much for her as it was for me since I had an afternoon of appointments after work.

She was quieter, less talkative while we ate, but she still noticed everything--including the several drive-by hummings.

The sweetest blessing of my days with Miss Jewel is the prayer she shares to bless our meal. She may forget what she said a moment ago. She may not be able to find her hearing aids. She many not know what day it is, but she knows to give thanks as we sit down to eat. Her prayers are simple, but sweet--like a child's, and they always end with "bless this food to the nurishment of our bodies and our bodies to thy service."

May it ever be so.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!