Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Quick and Easy Thanksgiving Cassarole

Back when we lived in Wisconsin, in the mid-80's, Nelson bought me several cassarole cookbooks and told me that cassaroles were his favorite meals. Growing up we never ate cassaroles. I learned to make three dishes and rotated them in with the few other things I was brave enough to cook. Tonight I added another to my ever-expanding recipe list.

In a 2qt microwavable cassarole dish mix one box of Stove Top Stuffing. Next put down a layer of turkey. I used white meat that I had left over from Thanksgiving and kept in my freezer for such an occasion. How much turkey depends on how much you want. Next put down a layer of green beans. I used two cans. Next put a layer of mushroom soup. I used one can. I next made a layer of instant mashed potatoes. I had two cups of flakes in the box so I fixed those. I then topped off the dish with a layer of Durkee's Onions.



We don't add salt or pepper when we cook, partly because in prepared foods there is already a high level of sodium. I didn't add any and found it to be well seasoned. The only thing I might do differently is add some shredded cheese to go with the bean layer. Nelson loved it and Asher ate an entire dish himself. This is definitely a do again at our house.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!