Saturday, March 26, 2011

House-full

On Wednesday I got a call from a friend--you know the kind: you were super close for a period of time and then one or both move away, but even tho your visits over the years are spaced far apart, when you get together it's like you've never been separated--that's the kind of friend.

Her son and DIL live in Cleveland (about an hour from me). She wanted to care for her three grandchildren over their springbreak to give son and DIL some alone time (has been a rough year for them). She thought she had a few places to stay, but they all fell through and would there be any way that she could stay here with them...would there not? I didn't even bother to wait to check with Nelson. I knew if I told her I would have to do that he would have Gibbs smacked me--so we made the arrangements.

She arrived on Thursday and we got the three grandkids (8,6, and 4) Friday late afternoon. To say that Asher is exstatic to have some plamates is a super understatement and only exceeded by my friends joy to be with her grandchildren that she hasn't seen for over a year.

It gets a little loud...but it's a happy loud. They will be here through next weekend.

Other things are going well. I've been teaching a class on spirituality and personality (MBTI based) at church for the last 7 weeks. That ended this last Wednesday and I'm already making plans for the next class I will be teaching/leading. Got some really good feedback. I'm thinking about using some material by Philip Yancey, "The Jesus I Never Knew." Challenging stuff.

Hubby is going through a really rough time, especially at work. Physically and emotionally he's about spent. He looked at me last night before he went to bed and told me he didn't think his Paxil is working. He's having extreme difficulty controlling his anger. Calling the doctor this week.

A couple weeks ago the doctor added Singulair to my med regiment and kept me on the Advair. I feel so much better and am hardly coughing. I have noticed an increase in energy and a return of interest...feeling better is helping me not feel depressed. Hallelujah! She continues to want me to work on getting my glucose # down and my triglycerides are too high, even with meds. Time to really address the diet and get my butt on the bike.

Well, it's time to play...TTFN

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!