Thursday, April 12, 2012

Fashion Faux Pas

Today I shopped at my favorite store, Goodwill, on my favorite kind of day: 30% Customer Appreciation Day.  I'm like a 50% plus 30% off!  I spent a total of $12.  Wahoo!

I got four tops and one pair of pants.  The pants are a really pretty avacodo green color and they're Dress Barn brand.  Great find in my book!  One of the tops was miss-sized and I made the mistake of not trying it on, so it will be a re-donate.  One is a t-shirt, which is cute but too long so I may have a friend hem it.  One of the tops is deep purple and in a peasant style--love it!  And the last top is wonderful--to me.  It goes with the green pants, but I may not pair the two since it's over-sized and more casual.  It's a faux suede.  It's a paisley pattern with turquoise and cream accents.  My daughter's first comments to me when she dropped Asher off were: "Mom, what are you wearing?  Don't you know it's not the 70's?" 

Sigh.  I'm fashionally challenged.  Some days I can follow Stacy and Clinton's fashion rules (TLC's What Not to Wear gurus).  But other days all I care about is comfort.  That's what I L.O.V.E about this shirt: it is cuddle up comfortable.  No pinch.  No pull.  No riding up.  Just plain comfort.

Now perhaps, my fashion rebellion has something to do with reaching the speed limit in my age this week.  No, not 70!  55.  Maybe it's because I can still remember the 70's and I happened to like some of the styles--okay, not the hip huggers or super mini-skirts...but the flow and comfort appealed then and definitely appeal now!

It may be a faux pas to the daughter, but it's fun and comfort for me.  And that wins hands down.  I'll try and follow the rules better tomorrow...maybe.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Sigh.., daughters...
Mine once pointed out that it was probably due to my buying thrift store decades old magazines that I probably didn't realize that everything I wear (all thrifted) seems fine to me.
I'm all about comfort, and I am cheap!
So I'm not styling - but I AM having fun!

Judy said...

Sigh.., daughters...
Mine once pointed out that it was probably due to my buying thrift store decades old magazines that I probably didn't realize that everything I wear (all thrifted) seems fine to me.
I'm all about comfort, and I am cheap!
So I'm not styling - but I AM having fun!

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!