Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Of Lullabyes and Naptime

Apples for babies, cats, and dogs, elephants, foxes, giraffes and hogs. Ice cream, jelly beans, kangaroos and llamas. Monkey’s nose. Ostrich toes. Penguins quietly race on snow. Turkey umbrellas, violins, wings, xylophones, yo-yos, zebras.

If I had a way to copyright it I would. It’s the best lullaby-ABC song in the world. It has put three babies to sleep, the oldest and the youngest the most. I wrote it when Penelope was born and it works best while rocking, though it has been effective while pacing around trying to get a little one to sleep.

Asher fights taking a nap. Most kids do. But when he is finally reaching the end, we grab a bottle and head for the rocker. His eyes can’t resist the song. Sometimes I feel like Kaaa on the Jungle Book. Annie and Nelson both tried to get him to sleep a little bit ago, but it wasn’t working. Nelson finally instructed me to grab a bottle and take over. Two minutes and he was gone.

Now while you might contend that it’s like opening a pickle jar, and they did all the hard work. I maintain, if they had started singing earlier, the fight would have been less frustrating for all involved. Either way, it’s peaceful for an hour or so right now. And that makes Mema happy.

1 comment:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!