Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Keep Track

There can be no catching up. There can be moving on. And there will.

Today at work, I wished that I had a better video camera than the one on my phone. The rat terrier dog where I work decided to take on a pretty fair sized ground hog. Trixie was fearless, and I'm not sure how smart that was. It was humorous to watch her tail wagging a hundred beats a minute while she ferociously barked at the over-sized rat. He was definitely not amused or interested in playing.

They romped through the field. I had never seen a ground hog "leap" before. But it was what happened next that was most comical. In an effort to escape Trixie's tirade, the ground hog tried to climb an apple tree. The branches were low and he made it to the first V, but it wasn't high enough to escape and Trixie got a piece of his hide and pulled him from the tree.

Somehow the ground hog was able to get to his hole on the other side of the road and down a ways. Trixie followed him and in true terrier form barked at the hole for no less than forty five minutes. I'm sure the ground hog was laughing at the silly dog. I know we were.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!