Happy Birthday to Me!
If we didn’t have birthdays, you wouldn’t be you.
If you’d never been born, well then what would you do?
If you’d never been born, well then what would you be?
You might be a fish! Or a toad in a tree!
You might be a door knob! Or three baked potatoes!
You might be a bag full of hard green tomatoes.
Or worse than all that…why,
You might be a WASN’T!
A wasn’t has no fun at all. No he doesn’t.
A wasn’t just isn’t. He just isn’t present.
But you…You ARE YOU!
And, now isn’t that pleasant!
Today you are you! That is truer than true.
There is no one alive…who is youer than you!
Shout it loud, “I am lucky to be what I am!
Thank goodness I’m not just a clam or a ham
Or a dusty old jar of sour gooseberry jam!
I am what I am! That’s a great thing to be!
If I say so myself,
Happy Birthday To Me!”
Nothing is wasted. My life is often messy: sometimes because of choices I've made and sometimes becuase life is just messy at times. No matter how the mess comes, one thing remains true: out of the mess comes my message.
Saturday, April 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Twitter Updates
About Me
- daisymarie
- I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!
2 comments:
Happy Birthday to you!!
I pray that you have a wonderful year, filled with people and experiences that are life-giving and growing.
Peace :)
Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment