Nelson and I decided to go for lunch at a nearby Chinese buffet. We took my car. I headed down the one street in town that I travel on a daily basis (it's how I go to Curves). The light at Center and Walnut (the street we were on) was green for our direction so I started into the intersection...and then I saw the green van coming. She wasn't stopping, heck, she wasn't even slowing...until all of a sudden she saw me. Crash.
When Nelson saw she wasn't going to stop, he tried to get away from the door. The motion appears to have wrenched his shoulder. Before I could even get my door open, there were EMT's walking up to us. The were coming back from a run and were right behind the van. They checked us all out. Nelson told them he was sore, but thought he'd be okay. Right now he's in bed. I think the adreline rush wore off.
As for the Jeep...We both were able to drive our vehicles away from the accident. Both doors on the passenger side still work. Nelson thinks it's still going to be a substantial fix. Hopefully her insurance will provide a car for while mine is in the shop.
As for the lady who hit us...we knew her. When we first moved to Ashland and I wasn't allowed to go to church, she was a part of the fellowship group we met with at the Transformation Network. When we got out of our vehicles, I knew I knew her, but couldn't remember from where. I tried to recall if it was someone from Curves or from our present church. She was so apologetic. I was just thankful that none of us were injured and that we could drive our cars. Her van had very little visible damage: a scratch on the left front bumper and a crack in the left headlight.
Nelson and I went on to lunch. It was good, better than the last time we went there. It was nice to sit and talk. I enjoyed two pots of tea. Asher will be here in a little bit. I'll take first watch while Nelson is napping.
It's been quite a day.
Nothing is wasted. My life is often messy: sometimes because of choices I've made and sometimes becuase life is just messy at times. No matter how the mess comes, one thing remains true: out of the mess comes my message.
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Twitter Updates
About Me
- daisymarie
- I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!
4 comments:
I'm glad everyone is okay.
Oh thank goodness everyone is alright! Daisy, you and cars...I'm thinking you and Nelson need to move someplace sunny and get yourselves a couple of bikes.
Holy smokes...
So glad you are all okay!
I'm glad that you are okay too!
Post a Comment