Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Moment from the Day

Ma'am has been sitting out on the porch a lot the last few days. The temps have been so nice and warm, but I've been afraid the wind might sweep her away. I have chased after the paper a couple times.

Yesterday, after lunch, she was out on the porch swing when I saw her moving. She wanted to pull weeds in the beds around the porch. I helped her for about an hour. It was a bit humorous. At first I was just pulling on dandelions, but then I decided to pull "weeds." I was quickly corrected and chastised for pulling a plant and had to replant it. After that I let her do the pulling and I just gathered and disposed.

What I found so interesting was the speed and agility she was able to muster as her hands swept through the flower bed separating flowers/plants from weeds. She might not remember what she said a moment ago, but she knew those plants. I was so engrossed in what we were doing I wished we had started first thing in the morning because before I knew it, it was time for me to go.

On the home front: Nelson drove by yesterday afternoon and the roofers had stripped of the old roof and put down new paper. Last night at work, someone dropped off daffodils, iris, and lily of the vally. I just wish I knew what to do with them--especially since I can't plant them at the new house yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

where in the world have you been i have missed you. nelson still working or did he get laid off i heard that they laid off again. well where are you and the family moving to the house in polk. well hope eveything is good . welcome back missed ya. your friend misty

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!