It's just gorgeous out here today. I started the day very early. I went in and worked out before I opened the club. Then I worked until noon. Slow morning, but good. I had the opportunity to talk with a few people: one who just decided this week to get a divorce and another who gave me some connections to help Annie get her meds.
After work I came home and mowed the lawn. I am very thankful we didn't get the forecasted rain for today. If we had it might be very late in the week before I could have mowed and we don't want to be losing small children in high grass.
Now I'm just sitting on the front porch enjoying the breeze and having my feet up. I've decided it will be much nicer at the new house. The new house is on a very quiet street, whereas the traffic zips by practically non-stop here at 35mph or better. The other nice thing is that the property is flat. No more hill on the front down to the sidewalk or down to the ally. We need to get it leveled, but no hills will be nice!
I'm going to drive by the new house in a bit. I have to take my next to last rent check to the office to drop off. I'm excited to see it with the roof all done. He was close to being done yesterday and today's nice weather should have sealed the deal!
This morning Nelson, Annie, and Penelope went to a community garage sale about 30min away. Annie got some great deals on scrapbooking stuff and a darling dollhouse for Nel. They tried to buy a baker's rack, but the lady wouldn't ome down. They did get a 7'10"x10'10" area rug for the new house. It looks brand new. It's from Lowes and they only paid $75 for it. It's really nice!
Well, I think there's a cup of tea calling my name. TTFN
Nothing is wasted. My life is often messy: sometimes because of choices I've made and sometimes becuase life is just messy at times. No matter how the mess comes, one thing remains true: out of the mess comes my message.
Saturday, May 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Twitter Updates
About Me
- daisymarie
- I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!
1 comment:
I saw your new house over at Facebook and I love it! It's very similar in style to what we were looking for when we considered moving to Virginia. Congratulations and may you experience much happiness there! Blessings, Debra
Post a Comment