Monday, October 10, 2011

Rest of the Weekend

Sunday morning went to early church. Great service. Our pastor had back surgery ten days ago and he was preached. It’s just amazing. They actually did it as out patient surgery. He had a herniated disc with several fragments in dangerous areas. Nelson and I were just amazed when they said he was coming home the same day. And he’s doing great! The only pain meds he took were regular Tylenol. The only difficulties for him have not bending over to pick things up (like grandchildren) and the residual fatigue that comes after having anesthesia.

After service we went to Sunday School. I’m starting to enjoy the class more. Nelson, too. This weekend he even decided to commit to singing in the choir. He has a strong bass voice, and would love to sing, he’s just so terribly tired when he gets home from work that it’s hard for him to think about going back out once he gets home. The good thing is that the choir doesn’t sing every Sunday so if he had to miss a practice it wouldn’t be so bad.

We went to Red Lobster for lunch to partake of their endless shrimp special. I loved the sweet and spicy grilled shrimp. I lost count of how many skewers I had. I brought the last one home, along with Nelson’s last parmesan serving. (Going to be a yummy lunch for me today! Picture me smiling.) Our server was the nicest guy. We learned that he had been working at that restaurant for 22 years this coming January. He was so attentive and funny. It really made our dining experience so enjoyable. Nelson, the man who really appreciates good service and rewards it generously nearly outdid himself, but we both agreed that he was in the top 5 of our list of all time best servers.

We asked for a wheelbarrow to use to get to the car, but Tim, our server, apologized saying that the couple who sat at our table previously borrowed it and failed to return it. We managed to make it home without one.

The rest of the afternoon, Nelson was the king and his scepter was the remote. He surfed between the football games and baseball. Fortunately for him, I love football and baseball, so it was quite fine by me.

For supper we ordered Pizza Hut pizza. Pizza Hut was where we had our first date, Nelson and I had our first meal as a married couple there, stopping on the way to our lodging the night we were married. where we took our older daughter to meet up with friends when I was released from the hospital after her birthday (barely two days old and hanging at the Hut). Over the years, we have gone for many different celebrations. On our getaway weekend for our 25th anniversary it’s where we ate, too. We had to laugh, because last night we ordered our standard (super supreme on thick crust) and paid $10 a pizza. That’s probably not much more, if any, than we paid on that first date.

So it was a truly wonderful weekend. I consider myself quite blessed. I’m going to have to workout and count every calorie to take off the pounds all that eating put on, but I’m way okay with that. This morning it was back to work for both of us, but each memory brings a smile. I like that…I like that a lot.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!