Saturday, November 15, 2008

I Love Books

How funny that today's theme falls on the day of the Friends of the Library Book Sale! I collect books. I read some of them. I love the book sale.

Some really fun and interesting things happen at the book sale.

-People are pleasant. Does that surprise you? It did me at first. The books are crammed into two rooms of the basement of the Library. Lots of people go to the booksale. Lots of people go early, too. Young daughter Beth and I have gone to the last three together. It's fun. But it is crowded and warm. People are bumping into one another and trying to get by in crowded aisles. I just keep laughing and dancing. As you might imagine I make others laugh too.

-Today I was scanning the bottom shelf and stood up at the same time as another gentleman. We almost bonked heads. Turned out to be one of my favorite profs from seminary. We chuckled and then I said, "Like either of us needs another book." We laughed good on that one. He's such a precious man, it was fun to "run into him."

-As I was standing in line to check out in the hardback room (always the room I go to first), there was a gentleman checking out in front of me. He looked at the ladies taking the money and said, "I always wondered if I would find one of my books here." The money lady thought he was talking about a book he donated, but actually he was referring to the book he was buying and he had written it! He went on to say something about how it cost $60 in the store new and here he was buying it for $.75. It was sort of sad.

Beth got a couple cute parenting books and a slew of other stuff to read. Growing up she always had three books with her: the book she just finished, the one she just started reading and the one she was going to read next. She always looks for the Oprah Book Club Books.

I got a Max Lucado book (brand new), a biography of Leonardo DaVinci, three books to give as gifts, and few others I don't remember now. I came home with 13 books and only spent $6.75. I feel pretty good about that!

And now I’m going to have some Chinese for lunch! General Tso’s and crab ragoon. I got enough so that I’ll have leftovers for lunch the next couple days. Yum!

1 comment:

The Momma said...

I love books too! There is NOTHING like curling up on the couch with a cozy blanket and a good book. My.favorite.way.to.spend.a.day.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!