Saturday, November 29, 2008

Kiss Control Good-bye

There are two boys, Asher (2 1/2) and Caden (3), running around my home. Toys are everywhere. The volume level is about 8 on a scale of 10. The only good thing: Asher doesn't need me or Pepa to chase him. There are a couple of toys that are going to go into hiding this week. Asher got a little battery operated trumpet when we went to the Disney Show a couple months ago. Caden likes to push one of the keys and just hold one note f.o.r.e.v.e.r! The other toy is my Koosh paddles. Caden has already been caught once about to bash Asher with one.

Travis brought Caden over this morning. We're watching him so that Travis can go hunting this week. His family is really into hunting. I told him I want a couple steaks. Ann is coming to Ohio next weekend to go to a wedding and get stuff from her storage unit. She'll pick Caden up then. A couple weeks later she's coming back to Ohio to bring Caden home and she'll be leaving Penelope for a few weeks. At least that was the plan when they thought they were moving to Missouri in January, but her gentleman friend's orders got moved up to Dec. 20. I guess we'll find out sometime soon. I think one of the definitions or requirements of grandparenting is flexibility and the ability to change plans (or have none).

I've been reading that a class of wine a day are good for you. This may be the week to test that theory. Do I get to choose the size glass?

I was just sitting here typing and the house got quiet. For a briefest moment I started to enjoy the quiet, but then I realized quiet is more typically indicative of trouble...I'll check back later. Right now I need to make sure nothings burning or bleeding.

3 comments:

daisy said...

Oh, I know all about that quiet. LOL. Hope everything was okay.

I agree. Flexibility is a plus. And I just keep reminding myself how much I would have appreciated it if my mom had lived close enough to watch my babies for short durations.

They are small for such a short time. Of course if they are toooooting on a flute or a trumpet, it can seem so much longer. Ha! Enjoy the sweeties!

The Momma said...

Sounds like they are having alot of fun. I know my kids LOVE going to my parent's house. They cry when we have to leave. I love grandparenting relationships!

The Momma said...

Just checking in with you -- I miss the days you don't post. Thinking of you with friendship!

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!