Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Eve

This time last year, I was just coming back from a surprise dream vacation that my hub arranged in KC. It has to rate right up there as one of the best weekends of my life. I am so blessed. I know, you hear it all the time. Lately, Nelson has been packing a little extra in my lunch bag I take to Curves in the evening for me to share with my co-worker (manager). She is unhappy that he will be going back to work since that means I will be working less evenings and she won't be the beneficiary of his wonderful cooking. I'm going to miss it, too.

This morning I'm at the Pump House. I worked for a couple hours with the other woman on contact letters to various foundations. We also made a contact about an RFP for funding for the ministry's food pantry. It's been a very productive morning. She had to leave so while I have a quiet place to write, I'm going to put together next week's devotions for church.

Tomorrow is going to be nice and laid back. Nelson is doing all the cooking. It's always better that way! Asher will be with us while Beth works the buffet at the Country Club. We'll have dinner around 5PM. And of course, there will be lots of football.

Right now I'm feeling peace-full. I like it.

2 comments:

HeyJules said...

I was just talking about you and Nelson at work yesterday - about the meal we had together and what a wonderful time it was to just sit and talk like we were old friends.

May you have a very blessed Thanksgiving Daisymarie and give all my love to Nelson and your family.

Saija said...

Happy Thanksgiving!
sounds like you started counting your blessings early! :o)

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!