(Over at another place, aka online diary, where I keep my daily thoughts, there is a challenge to write an entry every day in the month of November. Each day there's a prompt to keep us challenged. Today we were encouraged to write a letter to a younger self. I am posting what I wrote, partly because I liked it, but also because someone over there said she wished every little girl could hear the things I wrote. Me, too.)
Dearest Precious One,
No really. You are. You don't have to prove that to anyone. And you don't have to convince anyone else of their worth, either. You thought for way too long that you were imperfect and therefore less than--WRONG! You are amazing and talented and just because the adult people (AKA parentals) who live in your home aren't able to articulate that it makes it no less true.
Don't push love away because you don't think you deserve it. Trust. And believe again Carol's very timely words: Never, never give up.
You are so talented and intelligent and you don't have to take a back seat to anyone. But realize this: there will always be someone smarter or more talented: AND THAT'S OKAY!
Keep laughing. Keep playing with bubbles. And sing and sing and sing. The glass really is overflowing. You can do this.
I will be with you and I believe in you!
MMMT
Nothing is wasted. My life is often messy: sometimes because of choices I've made and sometimes becuase life is just messy at times. No matter how the mess comes, one thing remains true: out of the mess comes my message.
Monday, November 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Twitter Updates
About Me
- daisymarie
- I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!
No comments:
Post a Comment