Nothing is wasted. My life is often messy: sometimes because of choices I've made and sometimes becuase life is just messy at times. No matter how the mess comes, one thing remains true: out of the mess comes my message.
Sunday, February 26, 2012
An Example: They Grow So Fast
I was sitting at the computer taking my turn at a game of scrabble that I was playing with my sister when Asher came up to sit beside me with some of his way cool "Wild and Weird" cards that Pepa got him. He set the cards aside and focused on my Scrabble game. Since both his mommy and I play it, he has familiarity with the game. He proceeded to look at the letters on my slate: HYPSOA? (?=blank), and he tells me I can make the word happy. Or yoga. I am marveling, because it's one thing to make a word out of the letters you can see, but it takes a different skill to start making them up with a blank. I'm starting the game, and had already considered happy, so I was quite happy to use it. When the next slate of letters popped up, he was quick with a couple of choices--in case I need help. He's growing up so fast! He's so smart.
His mommy had to work very, very late, so when it was time to fall asleep, he climbed into my lap and cuddled until he was off in dreamland. I cherish these moments. I will miss my little cuddle bug. But I am so excited to watch him grow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Twitter Updates
About Me
- daisymarie
- I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!
2 comments:
I have Scrabble "place cards" for everyone at Christmas. The thrill is to see whose name has the most points. Every time I get them out, they are disappointed that the same person always wins!
What fun, for you and him both. He will cherish these memories of you taking the time to love him.
I'm signing up to follow this delightful blog!
Post a Comment