Thursday, February 2, 2012

Groundhog Day

I just want to go on record that I think all the Puxatawny Phil or whoever your local groundhog might be very, very ridiculous. Of course this goofy guy is going to see his shadow. Look at the calendar folks: spring doesn't come for 6 more weeks. I think this bunch of hooey is far more damaging to the psyche of a child than the tooth fairy, Santa Claus, and the Easter bunny all together. No child should be teased into thinking that an overgrown rat can bless them with the early warming and beauty of Spring. But I'm not bitter... On to better topics...Asher had a "well child" appointment this morning. Beth thought he was due for some shots. They did several tests to make sure he has reached all his 6yr old milestones and he has and he's 45lbs and 3'9". He coughed and the NP asked to look at his throat and his well-check turned into a strep check that came back positive. Beth was so funny. She called me and said, "Ok. You can tell me you told me so any time, becuase you were right." I told her on Monday that I thought she should have him checked. Imagine that, I was right. Should I go buy a lottery ticket? So since I was right, I took Beth and Asher out for lunch. I got a gift card the other day as payment for a resume I wrote. It was a good day to celebrate, and besides I have been wanting ribs really bad. Beth paid the balance and the tip, a pretty good deal for her! I thought I was going to buy Asher an Oreo milkshake, but he decided just to eat the cheese sticks off Beth's monster appetiser plate and most of my fries. He also drank half my mango tea. Needless to say, a good time was had by all. Nelson and I were supposed to have a meeting with our pastor last Thursday, but he got the opportunity to work overtime so we rescheduled for this week. One of the good things that came out of it was that I did some good cleaning in my house last week and today. It smells so good right now! At our meeting we're going to go over the spiritual gift inventories that we took as a part of the membership class last month. The results were no surprise to either of us. Nelson's strong gifts are in the areas of administration and missions, while mine are in pastoral, teaching, and encouragement. Now we just need to figure out how we're going to best use those gifts as we serve and worship there. Well, I need to wash dishes and finish laundry before Nelson gets home. TTFN

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!