Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday Stuff

Last night I had an appointment with a client. It sounds so fun to say that. Somewhat professional and quite employed! Anyway…We met halfway in Columbus at a Panera Bread. I picked there because I thought it would be good to have the ability to jump on the internet if we needed to look up something related to our discussion. As it was, I never got the computer out of the bag. But let me give this little commercial: I tried the creamy tomato soup and was ready to lick out the bowl!

The woman l met with has a wonderful product. I see great potential. She doesn’t need a grant she needs a patent and funding to make it all happen. She’s quite a bit scattered, but very passionate. She wants things to happen now, but has a lot to do before we can really go anywhere with it. This is a whole new world for me. I need to get to the library and do some research.

Driving home last night I did a lot of thinking. You can think a lot when you’re alone and it’s dark and you’re drinking Panera Houseblend Hazelnut coffee. Am I up for this? Is this what I really want to do? My mission is to connect those with need to the resources to make it happen. Am I going to accept every situation that knocks at my door? Do I establish parameters? I need a contractual agreement with my clients. I need a fee scale. I’m a helper who has to develop her worth scale and stick to it.

Today Nelson is taking me on a secret outing. He loves to do this and I love to let him. First, we’re going to go to Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch and watch football on their big screens. (He’s so romantic.) Then we’ll head to Mansfield. We’re staying someplace nice in Mansfield. He got a deal on the accommodations. He also go a deal on dinner at a really touted restaurant, but couldn’t get the accommodations and the restaurant to be available at the same time (when we didn’t have Asher) unless we want to go to dinner after I’m done at Curves tomorrow night. I know dinner after 8 is fashionable, but so is sleeping. So, we’ll just find a nice place for dinner in Mansfield. Then we’ll watch football and baseball until we fall asleep. Then Monday is home again.

My bag is packed and I’m just waiting for the clock to tell me it’s time for lunch! TTFN

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!