Saturday, October 25, 2008

Fullness

Life is full.

Our time away last weekend was wonderful. The cabins and cottages were located in a beautiful area and the sunrise on Monday morning was a very special heavenly gift! We were laughing at ourselves Sunday night and Monday morning. There was no wireless reception at the cottage so after dinner on Sunday we drove across the parking lot to a LaQuinta and picked up the internet from them. It was like being a teenager again. Then Monday morning we grabbed sandwiches from McDonald’s and headed right back to LaQuinta to check our email and Fantasy Football scores.

Then I started my evening job on Monday. It was good to get back. I really love the work and I work the shift with the new manager—we get along really well. She got sick and so Tuesday and Wednesday evenings I worked with the new owner. I think this was a good thing. We got along well and she was able to see my work ethic in action.

I worked with Ma’am on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and today. Friday was a great day. We talked and laughed and I felt like I could do the job forever. Then this morning she greeted me by telling me she wouldn’t need me. My being there isn’t based on her need. I double checked on the day’s plan since she suggested that my time might be cut short. She was right about that, but the one daughter wanted me to stay until 11:30. This infuriated her. I just kept praying and looking for ways to connect. I helped her bake a cake (she thought she forgot the eggs and I had to remind her they were in and I washed all the dishes). I just keep reminding myself that we need the money.

I did a few things around the house but really just relaxed and it felt good. I want to stay up and watch the OSU game with Penn State, but I was fighting sleep before the opening kick-off.

Tomorrow is going to be a special day. I was asked to be on the morning prayer rotation for our worship service and I’m on the schedule for the morning. It will be nice to be at my church in the morning. I haven’t been there since the first Sunday of September.

Then after service the friend from high school that I had lunch with a few weeks ago is picking me up and we’re going to visit her MIL in Reynoldsburg. This woman had a tremendous impact on my life when I was in high school. She was the music director at the church I attended, a very large UMC church. She was the person who offered to give me voice lessons (that my mother told me I didn’t need and I thought meant I couldn’t sing). I can barely describe the special place she holds in my heart. V invited me with her to visit and play Scrabble since C loves that. I’m quite excited about it all.

So life is full and I’m tired, but that’s okay because I’m bringing home some income and feeling like I have a little purpose. And now I’m going to turn in! Asher spent the night last night and he was awake several times which meant I was, too. Sweet dreams.

2 comments:

daisy said...

Hurray for a lovely getaway...I could feel how wonderful it was as I was reading your post.

And isn't it interesting how much we need to be needed and to have a sense of purpose. I just realized that. I think that's part of why it's been hard leaving my job...I felt needed there. Some more food for thought.

Saija said...

it sounds like your life is really blessed these days ... and even the things that try your patience - will eventually result in even more blessings ...

big hugs to you!

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!