Somebody missed me. You have no idea (or maybe you do) what kind of balm that was to my weary heart. I feel like I've been on such a roller coaster ride lately. The really hard thing is that I almost had decided to quit posting because it seemed that my blogstalker had returned and was twisting information. I even deleted some of my posts because of it.
While I was away I poured over Jeremiah 29 and pondered it deeply. We so often quote 29:11, but forget the rest of the chapter. It's good to know God has plans for you, but it's even more important to remember that that promise was spoken to the Israelites when they had been taken into captivity. The message is: settle in folks, you're going to be here for a while. You're going to be somewhere you don't want to be--but remember this I have you there for a reason and I will be with you.
I also reflected on the characters of the Christmas pagent. I was thinking a lot about who I related to. As I thought about it, I thought, I could relate to them all. I also thought about where Jesus would come today. Who would receive him? Who would be looking? Who would be looking in the wrong place? I'm getting pretty good at asking questions.
Part of our coaster ride was Nelson being released to go back to work and on the very same day being told he was being laid off. I went through a lot of emotions related to that one. Then he learned he was going to get to go back. My level of reservation surprised me. I felt like I was from the heart of Missouri: show me! Thankfully, he goes back on Monday.
I am enjoying my elder sitting job. Nothing has changed with my little lady, but my attitude really has. I've been doing cross stitch. I find it very stress demishing and I'm getting gifts for others, too. I found a patriotic one that I'm going to do for my brother for his 50th birthday in January and a nice southwest themed one for my mom and George for their anniversary in March. I've made a quilt sampler for my MIL and a little one for Nelson. Right now I'm working on a Pooh and Piglet for my granddaughter.
I promise not to stay gone so long. One of the things that came out of my study of the Christmas characters was the consistent admonition to not be afraid. Fear is a very strong de-motivator. I have been working on facing down the fear. The biggest help: realizing that though life may not be going the way that I want...I don't go it alone!
Nothing is wasted. My life is often messy: sometimes because of choices I've made and sometimes becuase life is just messy at times. No matter how the mess comes, one thing remains true: out of the mess comes my message.
Friday, December 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Twitter Updates
About Me
- daisymarie
- I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!
5 comments:
Glad to see you here!
I have a partially finished cross stitched from a very long time ago. Maybe I will tackle it this winter.
Very happy that Nelson is going back to work.
Hugs to you.
I missed you, too.
So glad to hear the news about Nelson.
Happy to hear from you, and I've been praying for you and Nelson, just lifting you both up to the Lord whenever you cross my mind during the day or night. I'm so glad to hear he's back to work.
I don't know if I have the patience for cross stitch right now, but I'm going to give crocheting a try again. Happy weekend, dear.
I woke up thinking about you and Nelson this morning...wondering how it was going now that he got news that he got his job back.
Glad to hear you're hanging in there. 2009 - it's going to be better. Let's pray to that end!
I'm so glad for an update. I can relate to fear being a de-motivator. I find myself reciting the promise that perfect love casts out fear. Be encouraged today in knowing this -- you are loved!!!
Post a Comment