Friday, December 19, 2008

Submissions Please

I have a wonderful crock pot. It's not been used very much. Since Nelson has gone back to work I need to pick up some of the cooking and I thought crock pot meals would be an option, but I don't want to wade through the myriads of recipes.

So help me out: what works for you? ")

4 comments:

Saija said...

once upon a time, we used to buy a round steak ... cut it up ... put some barby sauce in the crockpot with the steak ... and it was so tender afterwards ... served on rice with veggies ...

that's all i remember ...

blessings on you!

daisy said...

You could cut this one down, but it's quite tasty!
Easy Crockpot Chow Mein
• 1+ pound ground pork – you can buy lean boneless pork and grind it coarsely
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 1 bunch celery, sliced
• 2 bags of frozen Chinese vegetables
• Fresh pea pods
• Fresh bean sprouts
• 1 can water chestnuts
• 1 pkg of fresh whole mushrooms, washed
• 2 envelopes brown gravy mix
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce

• Hot cooked rice
Directions:
In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the celery, bean sprouts, mushrooms, pea pods, water chestnuts, Chinese vegetables, gravy mixes and soy sauce. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Serve over rice.

Yield: 8 servings

The Momma said...

We use our crockpot alot.
Simple, easy stuff.

Roast, potatoes, carrots, & a chopped onion, sprinkle with your favorite spices, cover with water. Mmmm.

Pork chops with a can of cream of mushroom soup. Served with mashed potatoes.

Fav chili recipe cooked all day in the crockpot is delish.

Here is a fun blog with lots of recipes:
http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

Trisha said...

Porcupine Meatballs

1 pound ground beef
1 cup uncooked white rice
1 egg, beaten
3 15-oz cans of tomato sauce
Salt, pepper, garlic to taste

Mix the beef, rice, egg, and 8 ounces of tomato sauce in a bowl. Add spices like you would to meatballs (we all do it differently).
Shape into balls about 1 1/2 inches across.
Brown on all sides in a skillet. Drain on paper towel.

Season remaining tomato sauce. Pour 1 cup in the bottom of the crockpot. Slowly add the meatballs, pouring a bit of the tomato sauce over each layer, until all the meatballs are in the pot. Pour any remaining sauce over the top of the meatballs.

Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Serve with green veggies on the side.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!