Today, I don't have to work. Outside or away from my home, that is.
So what HAS to be done? Nothing really.
What needs to be done? Lots.
-Need to dust and vacuum.
-Need to do a load of Nelson's laundry.
-Need to do dishes and spiff up the kitchen.
-Need to weed in the garden.
-Need to mail care package to Ann for Penelope and Caden.
-Need to take several pictures of baseball cards that Nelson wants to sell on ebay.
What do I want to do?
-I want to take a bike ride this morning.
-I want to go to a Koinonia reunion to meet up with wonderful friends this evening.
-Work on Greek translation of Philippians for Bible study next week.
-Write. I have several pieces languishing in various states of incompleteness.
-I want to call my mom.
What shall I do?
-I will take a bike ride.
-I will vacuum and think about dusting.
-I will clean up the kitchen.
-I will start Nelson's laundry
-I will mail the package.
I will stop and eat lunch.
-I will take the pictures of the baseball cards for Nelson.
-I will weed in the garden.
-I will finish Nelson's laundry.
-I will determine at that point if I have the energy or inclination to drive three hours for the evening gathering.
-If I do: I will go and enjoy the fellowship.
-If I don't: I will stay home and write a little, chase fireflies with Asher, and enjoy the company of my wonderful husband.
What I will not do:
-I will not waste time piddling around on the computer. I will do things intentionally and then move on.
-I will not waste time surfing old shows that have no meaning to me on the TV.
Time will be spent today, but I definitely plan to invest in me, my future, and the people I love. It's really going to be a good day.
Nothing is wasted. My life is often messy: sometimes because of choices I've made and sometimes becuase life is just messy at times. No matter how the mess comes, one thing remains true: out of the mess comes my message.
Saturday, June 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Twitter Updates
About Me
- daisymarie
- I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!
1 comment:
Oh, this sounds like a WONDERFUL way to invest!
Post a Comment