What shall today's word be? It's hard to find a word that means: not as bad as it could have been. It's not quite pleasantly surprised. I think I'll go with "pleased."
I was pleased when I finally got the message that my lady is mostly okay. She fell at some time in the night before I got there and has hurt her wrist. I can't remember exactly what the diagnosis is, but I don't think it's broken. She's in a splint and sling for at least a weak and taking motrin for the pain. I talked with the other care giver and she was quite surprised at how well our lady did. It means a little more work for us, but that's okay by me.
Then this morning I was pleased when Nelson, Asher and I went to church together. For months now, Nelson and I would go to church or Sunday school separately because Asher would pitch a holy royal fit if we tried to take him to his class. I admit that I caved in, but it just wasn't worth the battle. Things have been happening at the church where I'm a member (and we've attended since 06) that have put us in a position to consider looking elsewhere. I wanted it to be a church where Nelson was comfortable (he likes a more traditional service) and Asher would just go. Nelson likes the one I picked and this morning Asher did fairly well. This past week was their VBS and I had wanted to take him to help him break in easy and in a fun way, but he came down with ear infections and it wasn't as good a plan. So this morning was their VBS program and he really enjoyed it. Afterward we stayed for an all church dinner and we all had a good time eating good food and meeting some of the people.
I was also pleased with myself. If you've ever been to a church dinner, you might know that they can be a dangerous minefield for someone trying to eat healthy and low carb. It was like this carry in was designed for Nelson and I! They had grilled meat, veggies, and salad. There was a lavish dessert table, and Nelson and I both walked right by it! We ate our meat and veggies and while everyone else was savoring the sweet treats we sipped on coffee and felt good about what we ate. We were just talking and neither of us can remember the last time that we went to a church carry in where we didn't leave feeling like we overindulged.
I am also pleased that I got the gardern hoed and weeded this afternoon, and when it cools down a bit this evening I will mow the yard. A friend showed me how to keep from having to weed. I'm going to put newspaper down in the open rows of the garden and put the grass clippings on top of them. This will help with keeping the moisture in and the weed population out. Very pleased with that!
Yes, pleased is a very good word for the day.
Nothing is wasted. My life is often messy: sometimes because of choices I've made and sometimes becuase life is just messy at times. No matter how the mess comes, one thing remains true: out of the mess comes my message.
Sunday, June 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Twitter Updates
About Me
- daisymarie
- I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!
1 comment:
Using newspaper much in the garden is a beautiful thing! It also works if you want to start a new patch with less work. Lay out thick layers of newspaper or cardboard and weight it down with rocks. Next Spring, make holes in the paper and put in your plants. The layers of paper will have killed any grass underneath, and now acts as an already-in-place mulch.
I don't have a yard, so just use milk crates. Easy peasy, but I do have to water often :(
Post a Comment