Thursday, June 2, 2011

Thursday Thoughts.

Asher and I just made some black bean and corn salad. Nelson loves it. This one turned out pretty good. Asher loves to help in the kitchen.

As I am typing the generous lawn mowing neighbor man is tilling our gardens. I can't wait to get things planted and growing. I have to put away three times as much corn, four times as much applesauce, spicier salsa, and more finely chopped tomatoes. I'm also going to freeze more shredded zucchini and diced green peppers. We usse that last things in soups and omelets. I'm also going to plant way more cilantro and try my hand at basil.

I've been leading a Bible study with four other women. We meet on Thursday mornings. We're translating Philippians from the koine Greek. It's a fascinating study. One of the other ladies has a degree in classical Greek and her knowledge of the language is phenomenal. I've had scads of new thoughts come to me while we study together. I've been writing them down. The outflow of this study could very easily become a book!

We were planning a trip to Arizona in July and from there Nelson was going to go on to Alaska with Mom's husband, George. Memorial Day weekend George had a stroke while visiting with family in Buffalo. He just got home last weekend. Mom called today and they talked about it and George just isn't up to the trip. So, it looks like we will just fly to Tucson and spend our time together there. It will be good for Nelson to relax. I still plan to play lots of Scrabble with Mom!

Well that's enough for now. This evening I have to mow. I'd rather ride bike, but I don't want to lose any small children who might cut through the yard.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Oh, I am sooo glad you are back.
I've missed you, and Asher!

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!