Nothing is wasted. My life is often messy: sometimes because of choices I've made and sometimes becuase life is just messy at times. No matter how the mess comes, one thing remains true: out of the mess comes my message.
Saturday, January 14, 2012
Last Day at Mom's :(
Today is my last day at Mom's. This week has just flown by. I'm sure back home they're thinking it has lasted forever.
On Friday I rode in the morning, pushing myself even a little bit farther and feeling great. Today I have to take the bike back. I told Mom that I wanted to do my ride and then meet her back at the bike shop. She said she'd have to ask George for the car. He makes such a big deal out of everything, so I came up with an alternative plan. I'm going to ride the shortest route to the bike shop and then walk home. It is probably only around two miles home. George kept asking what the plan for the bike was, and we kept telling him we had it covered and not to worry. He wouldn't accept that. Finally at supper I just told him. And true to form, he started to talk me out of it. I told him it was my decision and that was final. He was not happy. I don't think many people argue with him, especially not the women in his life.
I wish I would have had a tape recorder running to catch all the funny things that Mom has said that have just cracked us up.
-When we got in the car to get groceries on Wednesday, I looked over at her and realized she was barely seeing over the dashboard. She was adjusting the seat forward and I said that it was too bad that she couldn't make it go up and all of a sudden she found out that the seat did move up. She said, "Look at me, I'm a big girl now!" (She's barely 5'1")
-Last night George was talking to his son on the phone. He drones on so. Anyway, he said something about how Mom and I were playing cards. What??? I looked up at Mom and said, "Shut up and deal." She lost it. We just cracked up and she snorted which just made us laugh even more.
-Mom has always said, "Weeee." It's sort of her thing when she's happy. This week that Geico commercial with the pig on the zip line must have played a bazillion times. So needless to say, there have been a ton of pig jokes and every time she snorts we just lose it.
Thursday afternoon we journeyed down to Tubac. It was such a beautiful day. We browsed our favorite shops and then came back to Green Valley and hit our favorite Hallmark store, Meridith's. There was an art show on the boulevard and we looked at a few booths before Mom just petered out. Home and Pizza Hut pizza for supper followed of course by more Scrabble.
Scrabble score: Mom 36, Tina 32. I increased the high game score to 412.
I don't know how I'm going to get everything home. I thought I left enough room in my suitcase coming. Oh well, I'm going to put off thinking about packing until tonight.
TTFN!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Twitter Updates
About Me
- daisymarie
- I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!
1 comment:
Your mom sounds like a hoot!
Have I ever mentioned to you that one New Year's Eve when my husband and I were dating, me, my mom, and Steve were playing Scrabble together. My mom took FOREVER to make a move. Steve and I actually left, walked MILES to deliver the holiday paper for his large paper route, walked back home, and she STILL hadn't made her move yet.
Such fun memories...
Post a Comment