Nothing is wasted. My life is often messy: sometimes because of choices I've made and sometimes becuase life is just messy at times. No matter how the mess comes, one thing remains true: out of the mess comes my message.
Friday, January 6, 2012
On the road again...er in the air
Heidi brought me to the airport. She is so not an early morning person. I was a bit nervous, even wondered if I should call and make sure she was up...especially since I was up at 3:30AM. She arived 10 minutes ahead of our agreed time, 6:30AM
Traffic got thick when we got to the outerbelt of Columbus. When I walked into the airport I walked right up to the ticket counter. No one was in front of me. Amazing. I also got through the body/luggage check point with no wait. Unbelievable. Stopped at Starbucks to get a latte because I had a $5 gift card. Got a gingerbread latte, the largest, for only a quarter. No one was ahead of me there either. Yummy.
So I got to my gate at 8:00 and my flight doesn't leave until 9:25. Good thing the internet is free. And oh my goodness is it fast. We're on broadband at home and I thought it was pretty good, but this is down right fantastic. Going to make the dial up that I'll use at Mom's seem like a sloth. But any connection beats no connection at all.
I've been thinking about something. Mom always wants to buy me something. I think I know what I'm going to ask for. I have been eyeing the e-readers and doing all kinds of research. Beth has a basic Kindle and really likes it. I think I'm going to lobby for a Kindle 3G touch. I like the idea that the internet connection is paid for and I can not only read but check email and a bunch of other stuff. Weigh in with any suggestions based on your research or usage. And thank you in advance.
Leaving soon and heading to Chicago and then onto Tucson. Get back to you when I can. ")
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Twitter Updates
About Me
- daisymarie
- I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!
No comments:
Post a Comment