Friday, January 6, 2012

Owie and Outta Here

Went to the podiatrist Wednesday afternoon. My plantar faciitus has been killing me, not just when I walk, either. My heel would just throb and ache. So, I knew what I needed a cortisone shot, but I kept putting it off--hoping I wouldn't have to get one. But alas, I knew I couldn't go to my mom's and be able to enjoy myself without it. So I sucked up and went. And it hurt like....I don't know what to even compare it to. I couldn't help but yell. The doctor told me to yell at him. I just yelled and wanted to crawl up the wall. I apologized and told him that I didn't think I was such a wimp. He told me not to worry, that he had seen grown men cry getting a cortisone shot. Good news: my heel feels better already! I leave on this morning for Arizona. I'm so excited. The weather here isn't too bad. One of the reasons I picked this time was to escape the cold and snow of Ohio. Oh well...I'll still be riding bike everyday! Temps have been averaging between 65 and 70. Sounds really good to me. Nelson has been sick since the weekend. On Tuesday he went to the doctor after work. He has the flu. The $100 medication flu. He stayed home from work today. I slept in the guest room last night and will again tonight--I'm not missing this vacation because of the flu. I did start packing until Thursday afternoon. I also be did some laundry and cleaning around the house and but putting away the Christmas decorations will have to wait until I come back. The day went really fast. And this morning I woke up at 3:30. I'm like a kid on Christmas eve: full of anticipation. Perhaps I'll catch a nap on the plane...but I always hate to be that passenger who snores or drools. :) Arizona and Scrabblethon, here I come!

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!