Well, I’m older. Yesterday was my 51st birthday. I wish wisdom came as easy as birthdays. What have I learned lately? Let’s see:
-I have bee operating out of an overabundance of fear and while not fully accessing my vast resources of faith. I’ve been a little better the last couple days of being more conscious of my withdrawals.
-Within those resources is more courage and compassion than I realize—at least that’s the feedback that I’ve been getting. I wrote recently about a woman (high profile felon) who I’m working with. She came in for her appointment this week and shared a story about a court appearance that she made and how what she learned in class about her personality and what I shared about myself enabled her to stand up for herself in a whole new way. She thanked me and I actually felt uncomfortable. I just don’t see what I do as being courageous. For me it’s more like “can’t not.” Just like I couldn’t say what I said in ABF on Sunday morning (see previous entry).
That’s enough for now.
Here’s a really cool definition of meditation I found in my Experiencing God devotional:
Meditation is remaining in the presence of God and pondering each truth He reveals about Himself until it becomes real and personal in your life. This takes time.
I have often struggled with what meditation is and never felt like I did it well. This definition was both enlightening and freeing. I know how to wrestle with a thought and tear it apart and not let go (please note that I’m not necessarily feeling that this is always a good thing). I also know how to take things personally. Boy, do I! (also not a good thing) So, here I have all the tools to do something good: meditate on God: ponder the truths He reveals about himself.
So that’s how my day is going so far. I’m teaching a class on writing resumes this morning. It should be interesting—challenging for sure, and we all know I love a challenge.
Nothing is wasted. My life is often messy: sometimes because of choices I've made and sometimes becuase life is just messy at times. No matter how the mess comes, one thing remains true: out of the mess comes my message.
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Twitter Updates
About Me
- daisymarie
- I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!
3 comments:
51? Seriously? I had no idea you were older than me! You are doing a great job of hiding it, woman!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Happy Birthday, DD :)
Peace to you...
Happy Birthday!
Oh, and I love that Experiencing God devotional.
Post a Comment