So here it is Tuesday again. I’m still going great. Even if I’m not I am. Work is going well, for me. Perhaps not so good for the agency. It appears we were robbed yesterday. Someone got in the office, got in the place where we keep the petty cash, took the petty cash from the bank bag, and took some other money that was there for something else. They got the key from where it was and returned it. Dan probably wouldn’t have found it if he hadn’t spied the bank bag on the floor. It’s weird.
I had lunch with my friend Pam today. That’s always such an insightful time. She has a bad case of bronchitis and I felt bad each time I made her laugh she had a coughing fit. Our conversations are so rich. I shared my frustrations with my recent evaluation but also some of the rich blessings I’ve had working with some women in the program. I’m really feeling an inner drawing to do more with that. I’ll continue to ponder, research, and test the waters.
Our Ashland family has had some concerns about our daughter Annie. I sent an email trying to put voice to those. It was not received well. Her response was one of “how dare you” and “I won’t be speaking to you for a very long time, if ever.” Sometimes love has to say the difficult things and those aren’t received well typically, especially if they’re true. Bottom line: my heart is breaking over this one. I hate anger and disunity. I have a Prodigal Daughter in my life right now. All I can do is leave the light on and hope she comes home.
Nelson spoke to his BWC attorney yesterday. He also called the doctor, but they did not return his call. Nelson thinks he knows why after talking to his BWC attorney. It appears that BWC is balking at the proposed surgery. So if they come out and say no, then we have to appeal that and wait. If they deny the appeal we have to go to court. Fortunately there’s no cost to us in this, but the longer it takes the longer Nelson is in pain. Sometimes the system is just infuriating.
I called and got a doctor’s appointment for myself to get my thyroid checked and have my skin problem addressed. I called several doctors in town. The earliest I could get in was May 12. I took it. If there really is a problem it will still be there. I have always gone to a family practice doctor. I did a little research and decided it was time to switch and I’m going to go to a DO who specializes in internal medicine. Since I am 51 I guess it’s time to switch to a doctor who specializes in adult issues and one who is more holistic in their approach. I also opted to see a woman. I guess we’ll see what we see when we see it.
And with that: sweet dreams one and all! I need to go finish watching the Biggest Loser finale.
Nothing is wasted. My life is often messy: sometimes because of choices I've made and sometimes becuase life is just messy at times. No matter how the mess comes, one thing remains true: out of the mess comes my message.
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Twitter Updates
About Me
- daisymarie
- I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!
2 comments:
You are the second friend in two days who has voices a heart-breaking scenario with their daughter. My heart goes out to you both...
Now how about that Bernie??!!!
Go Ali! I really enjoyed watching this season of biggest loser.
I just came through a rough several months with my daughter. I felt sad a lot. And angry. We're talking now but it's not like it used to be and probably never will be. Which is a goog thing in the end but I don't always see it that way on some days.
Post a Comment