I had such a restful and pleasant weekend. No pressure. Nothing planned. The weathered was beautiful. The flowering trees absolutely gorgeous. It was purely wonderful.
Work was okay. I ran into a snag with the grant and was playing phone tag. There’s a problem with the company that gave us an estimate and the grant’s requirement that the contractor state that Davis-Bacon prevailing wages are being paid. First, the contractor had never heard of this and second he’s small town and doesn’t pay the state union recognized rate. I have until Wednesday morning to get this worked out and that‘s a challenge since I will be out of the office all day Tuesday and Wednesday.
Asher is playing with a Fisher Price racetrack Pepa got him off eBay. He’s having a ball. Mema had to take a break. Yesterday he was one miserable little man. His molars are coming in and he was feverish. Nothing made him happy. Thankfully he felt better by the afternoon. God bless the makers of baby Advil.
Oh, I nearly forgot, Nelson got a letter on Saturday from Workman’s Comp saying that he was approved for surgery. He spoke with the scheduler at the doctor’s office today and the surgery should be scheduled in the next 10-14 days. Nelson and I talked about it. I’m going to take off. The surgery will be out-patient so he’ll be coming home the same day. He was saying he wants me there in case the doctor needs to amputate. That’s his fear. He’s afraid they’ll get in there and decide the best course of action will be just to cut it off. I asked what I was to tell the doc. He said the doc will know best so go with it. I get all the fun jobs.
There’s really so much more. Things I’m thinking about at work. Annie still won’t talk to me. I sent a second email on Friday but there’s been no response. It’s keeping me praying. But then again, so many things are.
Praying for you, too.
Nothing is wasted. My life is often messy: sometimes because of choices I've made and sometimes becuase life is just messy at times. No matter how the mess comes, one thing remains true: out of the mess comes my message.
Monday, April 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Twitter Updates
About Me
- daisymarie
- I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!
2 comments:
Bummer about Annie but what a blessing that Nelson's surgery finally got approved! I'll keep you all in my prayers.
i read somewhere that God allows some troubles to plague us, so that we would keep close to Him ... just reminded me of it, when you said, it keeps you praying ...
praying that Nelson's surgery goes better than anyone could have even expected!!!
((hugs))
Post a Comment