Monday, April 21, 2008

Weekend Report and Weekly Outlook

Uneventful. Peaceful. Nice for a change.
We took Ron out to Logan's Steakhouse for his birthday. I had talipia. Oh my was it wonderful!

I've actually gotten two chapters of my book started. Nelson says it's good, but he's slightly biased. Right now I'm just writing what I teach. I will soon be writing the teacher's manual for the workbook as well.

I'm opening the club today, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and then closing on Friday night. Our owner and manager are in Texas for training all week. This is in addition to working my real job. I have to write a grant in there somewhere, too. It shouldn't be too hard--I hope! (insert shakey smile...giggles)

Did you hear that Danica Patrick won her first Indy race. I was surprised by how happy that made me feel. Good for her. Good for her for going for and scceeding at something she loves. Good for her for facing down the giants and going for her dream.

Maybe that's why that affected me so...I just realized something while I was typing. Thursday and Friday for the groups I was teaching I used Bruce Wilkenson's "The Dream Giver" DVD series, lessons one and two. So going for your dreams was on my mind. I had checked the DVD (with 8 lessons) from the library, but since I can't renew DVD's I decided to go hunting for it on the internet. We got it for $13.14. I'm really quite pleased!

Well, I better get some work done. I've already been scanning indeed.com for jobs for folks and found some things I'm going to send to others.

Have a blessed day.

1 comment:

Saija said...

you have been a busy girl!

i'm just happy when i get a few chores done!!!

and the price for the DVD is great! i got the beth moore book "get out of that pit" on cd and paid $18.00 for it - i thought that was great ... but you did way better!

blessings on ya!

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!