So today, Heidi and I were going to put up peaches. I was out checking out a possible bike route when she called to say that the peaches were hard as hard could be, so she had set them out to get some sun, in hopes of ripening them up. What she didn't count on was the chickens deciding that they didn't care how hard the peaches were. Now what were we going to do?
I was on the side of town where my job is. The son that lives up the lane has a farm market, so I thought I check to see he had any fresh corn. They weren't officially open, but they were open to giving me some. I drove away with ten dozen ears of corn.
So Heidi and I jumped on cleaning the corn and preping it for cooking. We took a break for lunch, but then hopped right back on it. We cooked, scraped, and bagged all 10 dozen in less than 3 hours. My back was killing me and I was ready for a nap when I got home. The bad thing was that I had picked up Asher from daycare and he was very ready to play.
One cute thing happened right before dinner. I looked out the window and saw the groundhog sitting in the garden eating on one of my napa cabbages. I complained about it to Nelson and he told me to get a shovel and put the critter out of my misery. I said I couldn't do that. A couple seconds later, Asher was walking toward me with one of his plastic toy shovels. He looked at me and said, "If you're not brave enough, I'll take care of him." And then he headed toward the garden. Thankfully the annoying creature had run and hid.
Asher is spending the night tonight and tomorrow morning we're heading to daughter Ann's in Berne, Indiana for a day visit. I'm really looking forward to seeing the other grandsweeties. Ann is wanting to buy a house and she's hoping to be able to show that to me while I'm there. I'm taking the computer along and a couple movies for Asher. I figure that one for each way will be good.
Hopefully Asher will conk out early so I can get a good rest before all tomorrow's driving and really good stuff! Sweeet dreams to you too!
Added thought: the ratatouille that I made for supper with the eggplant and basil from the garden was great. Nelson loved it! Then I made some creamy scrambled eggs with fresh basil for his breakfast and they were amazing! I might not be the world's worst cook after all!
Nothing is wasted. My life is often messy: sometimes because of choices I've made and sometimes becuase life is just messy at times. No matter how the mess comes, one thing remains true: out of the mess comes my message.
Friday, August 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Twitter Updates
About Me
- daisymarie
- I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!
No comments:
Post a Comment