Sunday, August 7, 2011

Wuss

I tried to ride to Heidi's. She lives 12 miles out in the country. There is no flat way to go. The humidity and temperature seemed to be having a contest to see who could be highest. I think it was 90F with at least 90% humidity. Not the kind of day someone with heart and lung issues should be trying to ride at the hotest part of the day.

At about 5.8miles I was just finishing a long uphill climb when my entire body seized up. My chest hurt worse than when I was on the treadmill before my heart cathe. I wanted to puke and I was beyond dizzy. I reached a crossroad, got off the bike, drank some water, and tried to call Nelson so that he could encourage me to finish.

I didn't reach Nelson. I ended up calling Heidi's cell and her husband answered. He told me the flattest way to go to get to their house. I started out again, but only made it a couple hundred yards before I gave out again. I called Heidi on pupose this time and she said she be there to get me. I road another mile down the road hoping to meet up with her.

The problem was that her husband had failed to tell her which way to go to get me. I ended up riding to the next crossroad in hopes of meeting up with Heidi. Felt like I waited forever.

Only one person stoppedto check on me or to offer to help me when I was stopped at the road, and it was an older couple, clearly in there 80's. There were at least 20 others that drove right by.

Heidi finally called again to try and locate me. She had gone a very different way. I was very happy to see her truck coming my way down the road. We loaded up the bike and I climbed into the truck and began downing the fresh ice water that Heidi brought for me.

I'm still feeling dizzy and I want to fall asleep in the worst way. The nausea is slowly leaving. Asher has informed that I am not to try this again until it's much cooler,

A little later. I slept in the chair for a little over an hour. Asher had a "party" for me. (He had Pepa help him get snacks, make decorations, and set up some games to play.) When Pepa asked why, Asher quickly informed him, "because Mema's special." The first snack I nibbled on was some pretzels. The salty morsels were very good--and Asher assured me that they were healthy for me, too.

I'm slowly coming back to life. Before I slept I took a couple puffs of albuteral. They chased away the elephant sitting on my chest. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a party to attend. :)

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!