My home is quiet. I'm alone. And content.
Nelson purchased tickets on Ebay for the Michigan Pure 400 NASACAR race. It was a package deal. He paid less for three tickets and overnight shipping fee than the face value of one of the tickets! He asked a buddy from work to go along, but no one was interested in the third ticket. So they took Asher. There is one super duper excited little red haired 5yr old in Michigan today!
Their seats are about 20ft from the official flag stand on the go side of the start/finish line, 11 rows back from the front. Needless to say, it's too loud to talk to him right now. Did I mention that there are three little boys having a blast in Michigan today?
I bought a buffalo chicken pizza for lunch (cheapo frozen from Aldi's) and enjoyed it! I may go to my friend's house to help make pickles or I may just lounge and just.do.nothing. Ahhhhhh.
My friend, Heidi, and I went to see "The Help" yesterday. Loved it. Cried. Laughed. Cheered. Now I'm looking for a chocolate pie to buy and give to Heidi. If you haven't seen it yet...that will make sense when you do! (Giggles).
After the movie, we had dinner at Chipotle. Yum! Then we walked through Barnes and Noble. I saw so many books I wanted, but I left with nothing.
I'm just absolutely happy and enjoying the day.
Nothing is wasted. My life is often messy: sometimes because of choices I've made and sometimes becuase life is just messy at times. No matter how the mess comes, one thing remains true: out of the mess comes my message.
Sunday, August 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Twitter Updates
About Me
- daisymarie
- I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!
3 comments:
You are funny.
i've got my name on the reserves for that book "the help" ... hoping to read it before the movie comes to tv ... :)
and how nice you got some alone time - last alone time i had was when leo was in the hospital a few years back - which doesn't really count, does it? !!!!
blessings on you guys!!!
thanx for your prayer for me again!!!! hope all is well in your world too! (hugs)
Post a Comment