Sunday, March 9, 2008

Blizzard

It’s a blizzard out there. No, really. They’re calling it The Blizzard of 2008. We have over a foot of snow. It a dry snow which is working it’s treachery with the vicious blowing wind. Cars are starting to disappear. My nifty little Liberty has been out twice today! Beth and Ron went to the grocery to get some essentials and then this afternoon Ron had to go to work. (That seems crazy to me. The restaurant where he works caters to an extremely mature clientele and they’re not going out in this gunk.)

It’s evening now. It’s still snowing. I just can’t focus. Nothing on TV kept my attention. I haven’t been able to write. (Good grief, I started this entry this morning.)

Well, that was Saturday. Today I was awakened by the marvelous smell of bacon (turkey bacon to be exact). That is just a sweet way to come into consciousness.

We all took turns outside shoveling. Asher loved it! Nelson fixed fried shrimp for lunch. It was so good. After lunch Beth and Ron went to Walmart and Asher went back out with Nelson. Nelson came in first when Beth and Ron got back. They brought Asher in kicking and screaming. We knew he needed to come in, but he just didn’t understand it.

We got Asher’s wet clothes off and got him a bottle. Beth asked who he wanted to rock him to sleep. I was quite happy to be chosen. (Insert big smiling mema picture.) It took all of about five minutes for him to fall asleep bless his exhausted and half frozen heart.

Right now, I can feel the soreness coming on from shoveling and I have a killer headache. But the sun is still shining so I’m still smiling. Hope there’s some smiles for your day, too.

1 comment:

HeyJules said...

So happy to see you are all okay. We have actually had a pretty decent day today - sunshine and everything. Get ready, girl...it's coming your way.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!