I can’t decide whether to title this entry: “There’s a Snake in My Toilet” or “$120 Later.”
Yesterday afternoon Beth called me at the office. She was a bit panicked. Asher had delivered the poop of all poops and not only was the diaper filled to overflowing, so were his PJ pants. I suggested that she rinse them out in the toilet—you know like we used to do poopy diapers. That was my first mistake.
The first call was followed by an even more frantic call. Beth and Ron had divided the tasks. She was washing Asher in the tub while Ron was given rinse duty. Ron had been sick all day. He rinsed once and flushed. During the second rinse he began to feel sick and while looking away, the pants escaped his grasp and were whisked away along with the poopl
I gave Beth the Landlord’s number. She called and got the maintenance number. They informed us that we would be responsible since we flushed the pants. She went on to say that Beth might want to wait and see what would happen—maybe they’ll just go down, but if not to call Roto-rooter. I called Roto and began to ask what we should do and she informed me that they couldn’t come to the house without the Landlord’s permission. I called the maintenance people to get this approved: “just in case.”
“Case” arrived before I could get home and only got worse when I used the toilet. Why do you always have to pee when there’s a problem with the toilet? I called Roto back and they said they would come just as soon as they could. I felt like I was talking to a AAA tow truck operator. Ugh! I left my credit card with Beth and went to work at Curves.
While I was at work Roto came. Asher thought they were there just for him and he proceded to chat their ears off. When it came time to pay he went and got his pennies and offered them to his mom. He’s such a precious boy. Beth did pay us half for the job.
While I was at work Nelson came home (he's working 5-5:30 all week and Sat and Sun, too). Surprisingly, he was pretty calm about the whole thing—it probably helped that I called (something I never do: bother him at work) to ask what I should do. I just envisioned him blowing up if I called Roto: I own a snake; I could have done it for nothing. No such tirade. He told Beth accidents happen. BUT I should have just told her to throw the pants out.
Somehow it’s always my fault.
Today is a new day. And as Anne of Greene Gables points out: there are no mistakes in it…yet. Hope your day stays positive and sun-filled.
Nothing is wasted. My life is often messy: sometimes because of choices I've made and sometimes becuase life is just messy at times. No matter how the mess comes, one thing remains true: out of the mess comes my message.
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Twitter Updates
About Me
- daisymarie
- I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!
3 comments:
Now THERE'S a story you don't hear every day!
I hope that tomorrow is less poopy ;)
Yup. Throw the pants out (but that makes me wonder...did you get them back?).
My daughter and I have commented recently that we tend to talk about poop more than anything else.
It happens.
Post a Comment