I finally decide to go see a doctor and there’s some screwy snaffew with Nelson’s insurance. Last week when he got his check stub (we have automatic deposit) he quickly noticed that it was shorter and the reason was that his contribution to insurance had increased $37. He was not happy about that. Yesterday, I call to double check on the insurance company--so that I’m sure that the new doc I call works with our insurance. Gloria (person who handles insurance at the companies where Nelson works) informs me that our insurance has been suspended while the companies are divided--but we’re still paying and paying more. If I want to make an appointment or get a prescription I have to pay for it myself and then be reimbursed. I don’t have the money for that and I don’t trust that I’ll really be reimbursed. I’m not dying, so I’ll wait.
I have two physical concerns right now--well, maybe three. First, I was reading an article about thyroid problems and it listed some symptoms that have been troubling me recently. My nails have become extremely brittle and break very easily. I have developed dry itchy patches on my legs and chest. I’ve gained weight. Different doctors over the years have requested blood work to check my thyroid. It’s never been bad, but I’m wondering if something has changed.
The dry, itchy patches originally were a concern all their own. I had something similar back in the 90’s. Of course, the doctor linked it to stress. He said I needed to exercise and lose weight. I still need to lose weight, but I exercise quite regularly so I’m thinking it’s something different. It also seems to be spreading. I was just trying to keep the patches lotioned up, but it’s not stopping the itching or making it better. I don’t do well when I’m itchy. Hell for some may be fire and brimstone, but I see it as an irresolvable itch.
Finally, I think I need to check on my menopause status. I don’t know if the uterine ablation has kicked in like the doctor suggested and I just won’t have an more cycles (this is not a disappointment) or whether I’ve reached the border of night sweats and hot flashes. I’m not worried, but I want to be proactive and not reactive.
But all my questions and my pumped up resolve will now need to wait until the insurance decides to settle. I’m not going to create any unnecessary bills--remember the snake in the toilet was my fault…..(don’t worry…I know it wasn’t…that was truly sarcastic!)
**************************************************************************************
Tuesday afternoon I hit the local McDonald’s because I saw a sign in the window advertising WiFi. Once I was in there and enjoying my salad I found it was a pay kind. This one (wayport.com) is $2.95 for two hours. A little more feasible. I also checked into what “membership” is: $29.95 a month if you charge it, so they can automatically withdraw it. I just can’t justify it…yet.
******************************************************************************************
It’s Wednesday morning. I’m in Sandusky. It was a pleasant drive today: no weather. Bad weather, I mean.
This morning I had an orientation with a woman. I recognized her name immediately. Hers was an EXTREMELY high profile case. At one point in our conversation I mentioned that I have a felony conviction and that I know how hard it is to find work and how people automatically judge you. Her mouth fell open and she started to cry. Through her tears she shared how hopeless she had felt and some of the words of encouragement she had been getting through prayer. Then she said, “You…I never would have known.” I responded back with, “We don’t typically wear signs.” I took an extra long time with her. It was a very blessed time.
My next orientation was with a woman who has been out for less than a week: 61, petite, polished, and educated. She wasn’t wearing a sign either.
******************************************************************************************
And now it’s lunch time. I couldn’t resist the pull to Panera. Today: seafood bisque in a bread bowl. Yum!
When I’m done here I have to go to the homeless shelter to meet a couple prospects that their social worker thinks I could help. This is a really tough crowd, but I don’t typically shy away from tough. These guys (and typically they are men) just have more barriers to overcome: homeless; transportation; poor work histories; and often mental health issues to go along with their felony conviction. The follow through is often lacking as well. Honestly, I’ve only had one guy succeed--but that is such a success story I keep going back.
******************************************************************************************
I can’t keep up with the gas prices around here. Yesterday it was down to $2.99 a gallon. Each time it drops it’s a question : buy now or wait and see if it will go down more. If I buy it goes down. If I wait it goes up. This morning it was back up to $3.16. Nelson just called to say he was going to be a little bit later because he was going to wait in line for gas a couple blocks from the house because it’s still $2.99. After he gets home I’ll head over and fill my car up. Yehaw.
******************************************************************************************
I guess I’ll post now so that can start a new entry tomorrow. There’s always tomorrow….
Nothing is wasted. My life is often messy: sometimes because of choices I've made and sometimes becuase life is just messy at times. No matter how the mess comes, one thing remains true: out of the mess comes my message.
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Twitter Updates
About Me
- daisymarie
- I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!
No comments:
Post a Comment