Sunday, March 16, 2008

Weekend Notes

Yesterday was a good day. I drove over and met Annie and one of her friends for lunch. We ate at Panera. I had their cup of seafood bisque and half a veggie sandwich. Oh my!!!

Then Annie and I went to a wonderful shopping haven called Jefferson Pointe. Oh wow!!! We didn’t have a lot of time so we only went into Talbotts (where I bought lots of goodies) and Eddie Bauer (where Annie spent her Christmas gift card). As we left we made a quick Starbucks stop. I got a honey latte. It was a few sips of heaven.

Then it was down to Marion and Indiana Wesleyan University where my niece was presenting her senior vocal recital. She was phenomenal--and that’s not just a prejudice auntie speaking. She is so talented. Annie enjoyed it too. I had talked to my friend Rhonda (brother’s ex) so she knew we were coming. I wish I would have had a camera to snap a shot of her face when she spotted us. Worth every penny of the trip and then some.

Then I drove Annie back to Ft. Wayne where she was spending the weekend with a friend and I hit the road for the long haul home. I got in around 11:30. In Van Wert I ran through Sonic and got my favorite: a cherry limeade. Yum!
***********************************************************************************

On Friday afternoon, Bob asked to meet with me. I had turned in a moment by moment accounting of my work time for the week. He had asked me how I was spending my time so I showed him. And he decided to back peddle on that question. The one thing I need to figure out how to do is get the most of my time and gas allotment. I have to be smart about my routes since I only get .35 a mile reimbursement. Nelson says I may need to renegotiate that figure. I doubt that I’ll get any more…just not in his nature to do that.

*************************************************************************************

As I drove all day on Saturday I was listening to some classic Christian music. I pulled out a couple CD’s by the Imperials. I had the best time jamming down the road: singing and praising. This was the music that I grew up spiritually on. Good stuff.
************************************************************************************

Sunday was a good day, too. I was lazy and peaceful. And that was nice.

1 comment:

The Momma said...

Mmmm, cherry limeaides are my fav too!! And I want to try the honey lattes soon!
Glad you had a good weekend!

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!