Saturday, March 22, 2008

Three Times

Three times the fun.
Three times the mess to clean.
Three times the dishes to wash.
Three times the pictures to paint--making three times the three times the mess to clean up (insert huge sigh).
Three times the whining over none of the sharing.
Two times the poopy diapers. Thankfully, Nellbelle can use the potty!

Ann is here with Pnel and Caden. My house is humming. At this very moment it’s roaring--everyone is roaring. It’s hilarious. They’re all (and I mean all, adults and children alike) roaring. Well, all except me, because I’m laughing. No one is even watching Charley and Lola on the TV.

Ah, the roaring has ceased.

They’ll be here until tomorrow. Yay!

Painting was an experience. We were at Walmart and Nelson, Beth, and Ron decided that the children should paint and that the watercolors that don’t make a horrible mess were not good enough and what they needed was the kind are little wells of liquid paint. Well the little Picasso’s painted for about a half hour. I was on supervision, clean up, instructions, hand smacking, and clean up, and trying to keep feet out off of drying pictures and then scrubbing the carpet when I was unsuccessful. (insert sigh and laugh)

Before I came home on Friday from work I was talking to Beth on the phone. She asked me if I said good-bye to my living room floor before I went to work? My living room is toy city.

I love having the grand sweeties here.

Pnel just came to the top of the steps and announced: “Asher has a car in one hand and mud in the other.” It took a second and then we all realized that the “mud” wasn’t mud it was poop. Recently Asher has been putting his hands in his poopy diapers. Asher is now getting a bath.

Well, it’s time for lunch. I think I’m on PBJ detail. (Insert contented Mema smile!)

2 comments:

The Momma said...

Happy Easter!!
Sounds like you are having a great, love-filled holiday!!

Judy said...

Oh, mud.

I know a little someone who would have a WONDERFUL time with Asher.

You've given me something else to look for! I hadn't thought of Matchbox cars! Makes me wonder what happened to the loads of them my boys used to have...

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!