Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sweeites on Saturday

Drove to Annie’s yesterday. Loaded up the car with things for Penelope and Caden that Nelson had purchased for them off Ebay. Loaded up Nelson and Asher, too. Asher has been standing at the door recently calling out for Nellbelle and Caden.

One of the things we planned to do while we were there was the community garage sales in the town where Annie used to live. The whole way over it was miserably rainy and horribly windy. We didn’t have good feelings about this since we were meeting at Travis’ house (Annie’s ex). But we were pleasantly surprised. About 10 miles from Middle Point the clouds broke and we spent our time there in so much sunshine we had to break out Asher’s hat and sunscreen.

Things were tense at first--what with the no talking. By the end she was talking to me and picking on me like the whole family does. Nelson bought things for all the kids and a few things for Annie. I got a couple things. And then Annie had to leave so we packed up and came home, too. We grabbed lunch at Sonic and then headed home. We were in rain and wind almost all the way home!

We had to wake Asher up early to go so he fell back asleep and slept the entire trip over. We timed it perfectly when we left and he slept the whole way home, too. Pepa even got a nap on the way home. Since I didn’t have the luxury of napping and driving, I went to bed at 8:30 last night and slept clear through until 6:30 this morning.

I had a precious time with my grand sweeties. It was a very good day.

2 comments:

The Momma said...

Yay! for a good day. I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit.

Trisha said...

That sounds great.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!