Where does depression hurt? Right now, in my stomach. This is probably the first time in my life where I'm not feeding my depression. I actually walked past donuts at work the other day. Someone brought in a box of bakery glazed donuts and I didn't even go near them. I just don't have any appetite.
My stomach had been aching for days now. The up side: I've lost a few pounds. Since June 1 I've lost eleven pounds. But I'm not even enjoying it.
This morning I went out garage saling. I got a Little Tikes wagon. I had a good cry while I drove around town looking for goodies. God and I had a long conversation. I poured out my heart and my hurt. I've been trying to act like everything's okay...and it's not. I'm angry and hurt and most of all scared.
I spent most of the afternoon checking out jobs on the internet and playing with Asher. Once he went to sleep I went to Aldi's to get groceries. When I got there the sky opened up and I ended up sitting in the car for about 10 minutes waiting for it to let up a bit. I went in and filled up a banana box of stuff we needed. When I got up to the register I realized I didn't have my card. They only take debit cards and I realized I had left mine at the ATM when I got cash this morning to go garage saling. I was just sick. I apologized all over myself to the cashier and raced out to the car to call Nelson to see about canceling the card.
I cried on the way home and my stomach ache grew worse. How could I be so dumb? When I got home Nelson called the bank's 800# and they told us that nothing had been charged on the account and most likely the card was at the bank. If you don't take your card within 15 seconds of the transaction the machine eats it. The lady told Nelson that I could call the bank and get it on Monday. There was some comfort in that but I still felt dumb.
Now I have to go back out in the rain and go to the IGA market, write a check for my groceries and over the amount so that I can go back and pick up the things we need at Aldi's.
Nothing is wasted. My life is often messy: sometimes because of choices I've made and sometimes becuase life is just messy at times. No matter how the mess comes, one thing remains true: out of the mess comes my message.
Saturday, June 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Twitter Updates
About Me
- daisymarie
- I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!
1 comment:
I wish I had something encouraging and up;ifting that would bring joy to your day.
Instead, I will just say that I think you were given a really bum deal and that the pain you are feeling sounds like the best place you can be right now.
But, there WILL be new days. God is still good. He will never leave you.
Post a Comment