Thursday, June 19, 2008

Rough Morning

This morning I taught the class in Ashland. We watched a segment from Bruce Wilkinson's The Dream Giver on the purpose of the Wasteland in getting to our dream. (Think David living in caves before becoming king or Joseph in the prison before becoming in charge of Egypt.)I talked about how we can't beat our head upon the closed door, but instead look for the next thing. Guess I must have needed the message.

Shortly after the class, my supervisor paged me to say that he and the CEO wanted to meet with me at 11:00. First words out of CEO's mouth: we have to let you go. They offered me a severence package, took my keys and phone, and escorted me directly out of the building. CEO will pack my things and I can pick them up after 1:00 today.

So I better dust off my resume and hit the pavement. It's pretty hard for people with felony convictions to find work this day, but it must be time for this one to find a new job.

Pray for me...us.

2 comments:

HeyJules said...

What? What happened? Was it the economy or did they give you a REAL reason?

Erin said...

Oh my goodness!!! And I totally hate it when they fire like that...

I'm so sorry to hear this.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!