I was so blessed this morning at church. In ABF we discussed being thankful. Counting our blessings was mentioned and at the end of the hour I was just a bit teary. A very precious man in class gave Nelson what I assumed was just a get well card. It was a card, but so much more. As I opened it up a gift card to a local grocer fell into my lap. A blessing that brought more tears.
We attend the traditional worship service since that’s the service the choir sings at. Today the special music was brought by the early service worship team. All three songs they shared were written by members of the group. It was amazing and powerful. One of the songs contained a phrase in the chorus: He is the God of the impossible….nothing is hard for Him. Needless to say I wished I had a box of tissues with me! And I had to lead the rest of the worship and bring the morning prayer.
As I started to pray I was captured by the phrase from the chorus and it came to me that there were two ways (at least) to interpret it. First, there’s the obvious or familiar thinking of God being the One who can handle what we would see as impossible. But I began to find comfort in the thought that God is still God in the impossible, in the “how did I get here?” “how could this be happening to me?” moments of life. I may feel blind-sided, but none of it takes God by surprise.
I have found such support and encouragement in the comments that I’ve received the last few days. One quote has been very helpful and I’ve shared it with several people: "Some of the best decisions I've ever made were actually made for me." I spent the whole afternoon surfing the internet and applying for jobs. I have a list of several other positions that I have to apply to by snail mail. I’ll get on those on Tuesday.
Tomorrow I’ll work at the factory and I’ll be okay. And then I’ll be stopping at the old job spot to get all my stuff. I just don’t know where I’ll put it when I get it home. Guess I’ll just leave it in the attic for now. Sweet dreams.
Nothing is wasted. My life is often messy: sometimes because of choices I've made and sometimes becuase life is just messy at times. No matter how the mess comes, one thing remains true: out of the mess comes my message.
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Twitter Updates
About Me
- daisymarie
- I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!
No comments:
Post a Comment