On Monday I kept wondering how many times one has to be broken?
On Tuesday I fretted away the major portion of the day thinking I had inadvertantly negated my severence package--a totally unintentional thing. At the end of the work day a trusted friend offered to check into the matter. My mind was put to rest.
After work I went and bought new steel toe workboots. My feet are aching terribly and the old one's were well worn and broken down. I thought better support might help. I also went to Goodwill and bought two black t-shirts and a pair of jeans. I wanted to buy another pair of jeans for work, but there were no more in my size. I felt pretty good about getting the jeans and t's for just over $9.
Today I began the day by singing hymns and praise songs. I sang from the moment my machine began running until first break (2 hours). The time flew by and my spirit was soaring.
After break I used the time to pray. I determined I was not going to waste any more of my days fretting. Oh, I was greeted on my way to first break by my trusted, generous friend and he assured me that I had not negated the contract and all was well. This was such a relief.
I am blessed to be able to work tomorrow, but then I am taking Friday off because I need to take Nelson to the doctor to get his stitches out.
I think I'll rest now and read a few favs. TTFN.
Nothing is wasted. My life is often messy: sometimes because of choices I've made and sometimes becuase life is just messy at times. No matter how the mess comes, one thing remains true: out of the mess comes my message.
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Twitter Updates
About Me
- daisymarie
- I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!
1 comment:
gotta get a new foundation to get a new building or the old one, settling and cracked, will tear up the new structure.
Post a Comment