Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Home Now

Well, we’re finally home. I stopped off at the office and called in to the county office to let them know I wasn’t coming in today. Then I took off for Akron to get Nelson.

When I arrived, Nelson informed me that he had already seen the doctor (orthopedic intern) and been released by PT. It was about 10am. About that time his nurse came in and took his blood pressure. It was 176/90something. She wasn’t happy. They gave him a vicodin to see if reducing pain would reduce the BP. When they came in again it had come down a little, not enough to make them smile or release him.

A couple more checks and they decided to push some BP meds. Then we had to wait and see if that was going to work. I ordered “Nelson’s” lunch and ate it. It was free and he wasn’t hungry. (My compliments to the chef!) Finally, at 1:15 the nurse got an acceptable BP. At 2:00 she gave him another vicodin and read us his release orders. We were out of there and on the road at about 2:45. We got home and got Nelson right in bed.

Ann and the kids are here. Nelson is sleeping. I’m going to watch the Top Chef finale and then I think I’ll crash. TTFN

1 comment:

daisy said...

Oh, my, what an experience! Thankfully he is home, now, and things will mellow out. You carry many responsibilities on your shoulders, daisymarie. Don't forget to take time to take care of you. Easier said than done, I know.

I'll be praying for a swift, uncomplicated recovery for Nelson.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!