Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Enough Already!

Monday the gal who opens Curves asked if I would work for her this morning. I agreed, but made arrangements for the owner to come in at 7:30 so I could go to my sitting job.

Best laid plans....

We got hit! Last night they were calling for as much as 11 inches by noon today. It started slowly last night and when I got up at 4A this morning it was clear that we didn't get as much as they predicted. Before I left for the club the snow turned to sleet. The roads were covered, but passable. I got to the club and the lot was nicely plowed. I felt guilty for taking the Mountaineer and leaving Nelson with the loaner car (a Lumina).

While I was at the club 3 members came in during my two hours. The owner arrived at 7:30 as planned, but it was a struggle. The sleet had turned back into snow and we had gotten about 2-3 inches. I called the son who helped me the other day and said I wasn't going to make it into work. He understood and said he would be checking in on his mom.

Coming home was no picnic. The roads that were passible were sloppy and slippery. I was able to manuever the car into the garage. I grabbed the shovel and made a sweep our front and to the garage. I know I'll have to do it again later, but it won't be near as hard--divide and conquer!

This morning, while I was taking my shower, I came up with a name for my Jeep. Naming is very important and it had eluded me--until today. Lucille. As in "you picked a fine time to leave me Lucille." I miss my 4-wheel drive Jeep.

Later!

1 comment:

Hope said...

Driving in snow is no fun.
Your letter is "L".
Have fun with it!

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!