Nelson couldn't get the car up the ally. We got that much snow today. There's an ally on the back perimeter of our property and a side ally that goes right the side of the house. They plow the back ally because a sherrif deputy lives at the south end and then the truck goes out the ally that's parallel to our side ally. But they never, ever plow our side ally. Ever.
Anyway...We had to shovel out the end of the ally by the street so that Nelson would have a place to park the car. We got about a quarter of the way up the ally toward the back--where the garages are--when the county plow did the back ally and hit is with a load of salt. So we went to plan B and started shoveling in front of the garages. While we were out there the neighbor 2 doors down came out to help us. We also shoveled out an path/entry for the single next door neighbor lady to get in her garage which is right across from ours. It took about an hour and a half.
When Nelson went to move the car he slipped on the ice. He's going to hurt tomorrow. I'm sore and I can't stop coughing.
On the Asher front...Beth had him at the eye doctor on Monday and learned that he needs to either wear the eye patch or use drops. Today he opted to actually wear the patch for an hour and forty-five minutes. Yay! Today she had him at the ENT. He is a mouth breather that snores and has apnea. The doctor said that it's no wonder given how HUGE his tonsils are...so on Feb. 10 Asher is scheduled for surgery to have his tonsils and adnoids out. Poor little guy. Beth took him for his pre-surgery bloodwork and he did really good. He's such a big boy!
I think I'll have a cup of tea now. Care to join me?
Nothing is wasted. My life is often messy: sometimes because of choices I've made and sometimes becuase life is just messy at times. No matter how the mess comes, one thing remains true: out of the mess comes my message.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Twitter Updates
About Me
- daisymarie
- I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!
2 comments:
A cup of tea sounds wonderful!!!
Tea is always a wonderful option.
Count me in.
Post a Comment